Enable / Fix Push Notifications on Hacktivated iPhone 3.1.3 With Push Doctor Fix for iPhone 2G/3G/3GS
If you are using a hactivated iPhone, as in, you are running your iPhone 3.x on an unauthorized carrier, then Push Notifications functionality most probably won’t work properly.
There are few fixes available in market, prominent ones include “PushFix” via iPhoneil available in Cydia, but it wasn’t a proper solution and it stopped working after a while as it used a single certificate for many users causing wrong push notifications and battery drainage issues.
Later came PushFix Ver.2 which actually worked very well, basically the error/issue which was rectified in new release was that you get a unique certificate for your hactivated iPhone against your mobile EMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity).
Only problem in PushFix Ver.2 you may feel would be it’s not being a free fix, but no worries! “Push Doctor” another push notifications fix has been released and what matters is that it’s free! and has the support of iPhone Dev-Team as well. Like PushFix Ver.2, Push Doctor also issues a unique certificate for each device.
If you need Push Notifications functionality on firmware 3.1.3, then you should use Push Doctor to have it.
Follow following steps to enable Push Notifications on iPhone 2G/3G/3GS running iPhone firmware 3.1.3, please note that you will need to have fully jailbroked and unlocked iphone operational on firmware 3.1.3.
BEFORE YOU START:::
There shouldn’t be any “push-capable apps” installed on your iPhone, you need to uninstall all Push-capable apps from your iPhone, if there are any. Also if you already have previous Cydia PushFix, it’s recommended to restore firmware 3.1.3 on your iPhone and start from beginning.
1. Tap / Start Cydia Installer, once in Cydia go to Manage Tab (located at the bottom) and touch Sources (big button in the middle)
NOTE: You will be adding a repository / source in Cydia
2. Tap on Edit (at the top right corner) and then tap Add (at the top left corner) You will be asked to enter Cydia/APT URL source as you see it in the screen-shot below. Type http://cmdshft.ipwn.me/apt/ and then tap Add Source button. Once source is added press Return to Cydia button and then tap Done button.
NOTE: You can also add SiNfuL iPhone Repository and install it from there. Type “http://www.sinfuliphonerepo.com” and touch on “Add Source”.
3. Once you have competed the step above and the source is added tap on Search Tab (located at the bottom) and search for Push Doctor, you should see it on your screen just like the example below shows it. Once you see it one the screen / in the search result tap on it. At the next screen tap Install button and then Confirm button (at the top right corner).
4. Once the “Push Fix” app is installed you will need to Restart your iPhone before you install any “push-capable apps” your iPhone.
5. That’s all, you can now download any Push Capable App via App Store like IM+, Beejive IM, Ping or Boxcar. Push notifications should work fine on all apps.
Good Luck, I hope this helps you guys out… Leave a comment if you need help or if you have any questions.