Home > Apps, Tools, Utilities, iPhone News, Tips & Tricks, Tutorials > Element – Lockscreen Cydget Teehan+Lax iPhone Home Screen is now Available in Cydia for FREE

April 30th, 2010

Get this Cydget installed on your iPhone or iTouch today. Element Lockscreen by Teehan and Lax

Back in November of 2009 I have listed an Article on a Lockscreen / Homescreen Widget called Element and back then it was just a concept by Teehan  and Lax but today this concept is a reality.

Element is available in Cydia for free, and it is similar to LockInfo. Using Cydgets, you will be able to see missed phone calls, messages, mails, weather, and other info, all without having to unlock the iDevice.

Here is the tutorial on how to get this neat looking widget installed on your iDevice (iPhone, iTouch, iPad)

If you would like to see the Article I wrote in November of 2009 you can read it here. If you know what this widget is all about then get ready to install it.

Here is what this Cydget looks like… I hope this is everything you dreamed of because it’s AWESOME.

Another GREAT LockScreen app is LOCKINFO… You can get it here for free, follow this detailed tutorial on how to install it on your iPhone or iPod Touch. Good Luck.

Install Cydget Widget Element on your iPhone or iTouchThis lockscreen widget will be part of saurik’s new Cydget framework. So when you will install it you will also install the Cydget Framework all at the same time.

First thing you need to do is go to Cydia and search for “Element”, once you find it you will have to tab on the found Element Package.

You will see the descriptions screen; at the top of this screen tap “Install” button, then tap “Confirm” button.

After installation is completed your iPhone will have to be either restarted or you will have to Respring your Springboard.

Now on your iPhone go to Settings and then scroll down and tap on Cydget button… Tap on Lock Cydget Oder button… Deselect everything you see and select “Only” the Element Widget and respring your device. NOTE: If you hit the home button your device will respring automatically.

After your iDevice resprings go back into Settings and scroll down and tap on Element button… You will see all the toggles for your lockscreen, tweek this widget to your liking and respring your iPhone. Once you respring your iPhone or iTouch hit the “POWER” button to put your device to sleep.

Hit to HOME button to wake the device up… You will see the Element Lockscreen Widget in all its glory and beauty. What ever you have selected in the Settings>>>Element screen is what you will see on your lockscreen.

Good luck and have fun with this widget.

1. May 4th, 2010 at 14:24 | #1

i find element fantastic however emails will not leave the lock screen even when deleted from the inbox and the trash please someone help me

2. ollie
    June 30th, 2010 at 08:26 | #2

Great post!!!!!!!! wondering if you would be able to shed some light on my error. I have installed Element Lockscreen on my iPhone 3G running iOS 4, but does not seem to be working. Cydget is installed but crashes when I try to select the Element widget. Not sure why this could be??????? thanks a mil

3. hajonides
    July 2nd, 2010 at 06:57 | #3

Same here: iOS4 installed, jailbroken, Element installed but not functioning. The button Lock Cydget Order won’t give any result. Is the Cydget framework not yet compatible with iOS4?

4. jorre
    July 3rd, 2010 at 01:34 | #4

Idem dito. reinstalled, resprung and rebooted. cydgets lock cydget order does nothing when pushed. probably ios 4 compatibility?

5. rpjakus
    July 3rd, 2010 at 14:28 | #5

The same for me about iOS4 and Cydget. With Element not working in iOS4, this is the only program that is keeping me from going to iOS4 on my 3G iPhone.

6. Tim
    July 4th, 2010 at 10:20 | #6

To bad, have the same problem, it is not working for IOS4. It looks so damn beautiful. Apple could have designed it itseld :P

7. ollie
    July 4th, 2010 at 21:24 | #7

Hi Guys ollies back and currently cydget is not compatible with iOS 4 :( check out this link it gives you all of the compatible and non-compatible cydia apps for iOS 4.

Hope this helps guys and gals :))

8. JS
    August 9th, 2010 at 22:19 | #8

anybody manage to remove cydget? I removed element but cydget is still sitting inside settings.

9. kmx
    August 11th, 2010 at 01:18 | #9

JS :

Although I don’t think it’s hurting anything (besides being irritating by not working), I was able to remove Cydget as follows:

1) Open Cydia app > Manage > Settings -Select “Developer (No Filters)”
    2) Still in Cydia app > Sections > Development -Scroll down to Cydget package (which you should see as checked)
    3) Select Cydget package > Modify > Remove > Confirm > Restart SpringBoard

10. Henrik
    August 11th, 2010 at 16:15 | #10

Oh this is soooo beautiful. I never got a chance to try it :( Please update it to work with iOS4

11. Oscar
    August 15th, 2010 at 07:24 | #11

Can u send out a mass email when elements is os4 ready?

12. Arnoras
    September 3rd, 2010 at 10:45 | #12

The same for me …

13. Gary
    September 4th, 2010 at 10:15 | #13

Me also!

14. Jake
    September 15th, 2010 at 02:36 | #14

This thing sucks and locks me out of my 3gs. I would stay away. I finally was able to get into my phone and uninstall but it was scary

15. Bilbo
    October 2nd, 2010 at 12:25 | #15

Feature Suggestion: A limit to the number of days old an item (missed call, SMS, email , etc.) should be under to be displayed. For example, I don’t need to SMSs from 4 months ago.
    Just installed it. It looks great. Thanks

16. Kev
    October 2nd, 2010 at 14:36 | #16

seconded – iOS4 version – pleeease!

17. knowram
    October 2nd, 2010 at 16:22 | #17

yes iOS4 version – pleeease

18. October 2nd, 2010 at 20:05 | #18

@knowram

@Kev
    Once the update comes out for iPhone 4 I will post it here. For the time being, if you have an iPhone 4 I would recommend using LockInfo (Which is much Better) here is the link to a full tutorial

19. Ahmed
    October 3rd, 2010 at 11:38 | #19

Make option to view your to do from the 2do app. Please

20. Tdeanw
    October 4th, 2010 at 00:52 | #20

Works great on 3GS but I am on Version 3.1.3 w/ Modem 5.12.01 (as updating to iOS4 on a 3G or even 3GS is just not a great idea).

It got my weather right automatically which never worked with other lock screens as I live in Japan. I might remove the txt messages from the settings as it shows the full txt on the screen and not just a notification of the txt and I do not need everybody reading my business when my phone is locked.

Great Cydget! I have been waiting for something like this. Great work!

21. Kaanon
    October 6th, 2010 at 16:11 | #21

This thing is FANTASTIC!

22. Alex
    October 17th, 2010 at 05:42 | #22

Cydget is nocht IOS4 Compatible. So there is no Cadget working. .
    On the List http://www.adaher.com/wiki/index.php/Cydia_App_Status is seen:

“Works, if you manually transfer your preferences. ”

Can anyone explain how to “manually transfer your preferences.” !?!?!

I would like to use my (paid) CyDialer. . :) :(

23. January 7th, 2011 at 05:09 | #23

Hello!

I have installed the theme on my iphone4. I have really Problems to setup my city for the weather. Can anyone help my? First I need the country code for vienna on yahoo. And what Syntax I have to
    use in the file?

Can anyone help my pls?
    thanks

24. February 10th, 2011 at 03:11 | #24

Any news on compatibility with iOS4?
    Pleeeease update Cydget …

25. Quentin
    March 4th, 2011 at 13:23 | #25

Put my vote down for a response on the iPhone 4 support.
    I love this lockscreen, and there are a couple of themes for lockinfo out that are similar, but they aren’t native lockinfo themes so they don’t work very well.

26. Rachael
    March 24th, 2011 at 12:24 | #26

when I get into Cydget under settings – I can click the “lock cydget order
    ” button all day long and nothing happens. I have a 3GS. What does this mean?? Do I need to download something special??
    Rach
    fnprae@gmail.com

27. John
    April 15th, 2011 at 01:17 | #27

Saw this on CNET. spent all day trying to get it. Started with lock info but couldn’t get the winterboard theme to work with it. Finally found this and got REALLY excited. But I can’t get clock, weather, or any of the info in the categories to show. I really love the way this is set up and can not impress upon you how badly I want this to work on my 3G running 4.2.1
    Thanks.

28. FEcph
    May 3rd, 2011 at 07:10 | #28

Cydget has been updated for iOS 4.x but i still have issues with Element. I had issues when i owned a 3GS and installed Element on iOS 3.x

And now that i own a iPhone 4, i experience same issues on iOS 4.x

I have installed Cydget and Element and done exactly as the tutorial says but my Element lockscreen does not pull data for mail, sms or calls and calender. It ONLY shows title for Email and i can see weather. No clock, no dock, no nothing ……

So what am i doing wrong?

//FEcph

29. trm82r
    May 25th, 2011 at 05:02 | #29

Help!!!! Installed Element on iphine 4 ios 4.33…wont work so i uninstalled it. now it wont put back any custom wallpaper i had. any suggestions? thanks

30. trm82r
    May 25th, 2011 at 05:07 | #30

I mean The lockscreen not wallparer

31. Enzo
    May 28th, 2011 at 13:09 | #31

I installed per instructions on an iPhone 3GS and it comes up, but no clock, no weather. I see the title bars, but only Email, Facebook have titles. The stock section is the only one pulling data. Any ideas? I don’t have winterboard installed. I do have LockInfo installed, but it is not enabled for now. Is there anything else I need to change or install to make this work?

32. Strawberrie
    June 3rd, 2011 at 03:17 | #32

I have the iphone 4 v4.3.3, upon installation and enabling Element, my phone crashes and goes into safe mode. Anyone else experiencing this problem?