T-Mobile USA MMS Fix for iOS4 – Detailed Tutorial on How to Fix the MMS Issues with T-Mobile Unlocked iPhones on iOS 4
A lot of users that are on tmobile and using an upgraded ios 4.0 iphone have been stuck trying to get mms working on their iphones again. Thanks to a fellow user named Locomambo and fernandorinto over at mmi, we now have a fix. It requires ssh and copying over an edited plist file made by me so you don’t have to do all of the extra work.
- SSH into your iphone and navigate to var/mobile/library/preferences
NOTE: If you don’t know what WinSCP is please Read This Article.
Make sure you have OpenSSH installed and running on your iPhone.
NOTE: If you don’t know what OpenSSH is please Read This Article
Make a back up of a file called “com.apple.mms_override.plist”
- Download: ios 4.0 Tmobile MMS Fix Plist
- Copy downloaded file to var/mobile/library/preferences and overwrite the original (back up first)
- Reboot your iphone and test mms, if it doesn’t work see below
After Rebooting your phone and its not working, Open Settings and go to General/Network/Cellular Data Network/ and make sure you have the same settings below “if not” then just add them manually.
MMS Proxy: 126.96.36.199:8080
MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
- Now reboot your iphone one more time and test mms, it should work.
- Alternatively you can use this apn wap.voicestream.com which ever one works for you.