Home > Apps, Tools, Utilities, Downloads, iPad, iPhone News, Tips & Tricks, Tutorials > How to Install MyWi 4.4.4 on your iPhone 4, 3Gs, 3G for FREE (CRACKED .deb) Free TETHERING on iPhone 4 – UPDATED

August 24th, 2010

How to install MyWi Cracked on your iPhone 4 for FREE

This version of MyWi will not shut down / close down on your after the installation, you will be able to use it right after this tutorial

In this tutorial I will show you how you can install fully functional MyWi 4.4.4 Tethering Application on you iPhone 4 for free without paying a penny for it.

By the time you complete this tutorial you will be tethering your brains out all day and all night, as long as you wish, and the best part about it is; it’s 100% FREE!!!

Couple of days ago, MyWi 4.4.4 was released which included multiple new features but as always there is one bad thing about this, it has a $19.99 purchase price, and a $9.99 upgrade
price but that’s not all.

Its only available through rock as of right now but the dev has said that they are working on a non rock version and it will be in cydia soon.

NOTE: If you don’t know what MyWi is, its an app that lets you create a protable wifi hotspot using your iphones internet connection. You can read this article for all the features of this app.

UPDATE!!!

MyWi is not the Only Wireless / WiFi Hot Spot Application out there; there is a great alternative to MyWi and it does an amazing job with the WiFi Tethering. The App is called PDANet 4.18 and I have a detailed tutorial and download for the cracked .deb file for it.

Don’t waste your time on MyWi, it was the only WiFi HotSpot tethering application for a long time but now the PDANet 4.18 kicks MyWi’s ASS and works much better.

Here is a detailed tutorial for PDANet 4.18 with the cracked .deb file download… Click Here for the tutorial or link listed below.

UPDATE 2

New Version of MyWi (4.9.9) came out and this tutorial will not work for you… I have written another very detail tutorial for the updated MyWi version 4.9.9 which you can follow HERE or the link listed below.

NOTE: You must have a Jailbroken iPhone in order to get this accomplished… IF you need to Jailbreak your device then please read this article and use JailbreakMe tool to get your device jailbroken

• If you’re using PC you have to have/download WinSCP
    (If you don’t know what WinSCP is please Read This Article)
  • If you’re using Mac you have to have /download CyberDuck
    (Same as WinSCP but for Mac)
  • Make sure you have OpenSSH installed and running on your iPhone
    (If you don’t know what OpenSSH is please Read This Article)
  • You have to Download MyWi 4.4.4 .deb File and Save it to your Computer

ALL DOWNLOAD LINKS FOR MyWi 4.4.4 and ALL REQUIRED FILES ARE PROVIDED BELOW / AT THE END OF THIS ARTICLE

OK here we go… First thing you need to to is go into Cydia and search for MyWi 4.0. Once you find it in Cydia then go ahead and install it onto your iPhone.

NOTE: As you can see from the screenshot below you will be installing the “RockApp” with MyWi as well but don’t worry about it for now.

You should now see RockApp and MyWi 4.4.4 icons on your springboard. Go ahead and launch the MyWi 4.4.4, accept the agreement by pressing the Accept button.

When you get into the MyWi for the first time you will be asked to Register or provide Your credentials all you have to do is register to make an account or login if you have one. Then you will have to launch the MyWi again…

You will get a screen “No License Found”, Keep Launching and Closing until trial starts and you see “Trial expires in 9 days” sign at the bottom of the MyWi Screen.

First Time Launching MyWi First Time Launching MyWi

Now download the MyWi 4.0.deb File and Save it to your computer. You can download this file from HERE or at the bottom of this tutorial.

Start WinSCP and connect to iPhone. In host name field, type in the IP address of your iPhone. Make sure the port number is set to “22” by default this option is already set to 22 but in case it’s not then change it.

For user name use “root” and for password use “alpine (NOTE: This user name and password is the same for all iPhones and iTouch iPods ever made by Apple). Don’t worry about any other fields or options.

Once you have logged in to your iPhone, browse to private/var/mobile/Library directory. Find a folder named “RYP“…

MyWi 4.4.4

Copy/Move the “RYP” folder from your iPhone’s directory: private/var/mobile/Library to your computer / Desktop (Right Click on the folder and select COPY or Press CNTR +C)

MyWi RYP Copy

Now you have to get back into Cydia and Uninstall the MyWi and the Rock App from your iPhone (It doesn’t matter which one you uninstall first but you have to uninstall BOTH apps MyWi and the Rock App Before you can continue with this tutorial)

Uninstall ROCK from your iPhone Uninstall MyWi App from your iPhone

You must REBOOT your iPhone to Complete the removal of MyWi and Rock App

Now go ahead and SSH into your iPhone again, log in just like you did in the above mentioned step and then once you have logged in to your iPhone, browse to private/var/mobile directory.

qTweeter-00

Copy/Move the “MyWi_4.0.deb” to your iPhone in this directory: private/var/mobile

Move MyWi Deb File into the iPhone

Now while in the WinSCP go to Commands Menu at the top and then select “Open Terminal” or just press “Control + T” on your keyboard to open the Terminal window.

Once the Terminal Window opens up, you will need to type in this command into the “Enter Command” field… Type in dpkg -i MyWi_4.0.deb and then press the Execute button.

Execute dpkg -i command in WinSCP

While you’re still in SSH /and logged in to your iPhone, browse to private/var/mobile/Library directory again.

MyWi 4.4.4

Copy/Move the “RYP” folder from your computer / Desktop back into your iPhone’s directory: private/var/mobile/Library if you will be asked to OVERWRITE the existing RYP folder then select YES if you are not asked anything that’s good too…

MyWi RYP Copy

Now all you have to do is REBOOT your device (NOT ReSpring but full 100% Shut Down and Restart). Once you reboot your iPhone you should be able to start using MyWi right away.

Happy Tethering!!!

Turn On WiFi Tethering Tether Away...

This is what your screen should look like

DOWNLOAD MyWi:

DOWNLOAD – MyWi Cracked .deb file

DOWNLOAD – WinSCP for Windows

DOWNLOAD – CyberDuck for Mac

NOTE: We cover the OpenSSH and WinSCP for Windows in This Article… These tutorials will get you started on OpenSSH and WinSCP so you can have a better understanding of exactly what it is and how to use these tools.

I do not encourage anyone to download, hack or crack iPhone games or applications. Developers spend a lot of time, money, effort, sacrificing family time, etc. working on games/apps and they don’t want to see their work stolen or pirated.

I suggest if you have downloaded an IPA file of an iPhone game or application that you like, download it legally through the App Store after you test it and decide that you really like it and would like to keep it on your iPhone.

Enjoy your Cracked MyWi Tethering.

1. brian
    August 25th, 2010 at 08:19 | #1

i have problem trying to install the setup files winscp423/428, it doesnt even run on my computer. help please, many thanks

2. Olav
    August 25th, 2010 at 14:36 | #2

Thank you. Works great. In cydia, the elpelle repo now wants me to do a mywi update. Should i do it??

3. Olav
    August 25th, 2010 at 14:37 | #3

Thank you. Works great! In cydia, the elpelle repo now wants me to do a mywi update. Should i do it??

4. August 25th, 2010 at 15:40 | #4

@Olav
    No don’t update… It will install My3G and screw up the MyWi… I would not even have the elpelle repo…

5. ryan
    August 25th, 2010 at 19:53 | #5

Can Rock be re-installed? I use Rock extensively and not sure what it would be like without Rock because it seems to be more intuitive and have a better interface than Cydia.

6. August 25th, 2010 at 20:15 | #6

@ryan
    If you like “Rock” then you can leave it on your device and don’t have to remove it… The reason why I said to remove it is because ROCK really has a lot of bugs and usually cripples the iPhone.

I personally can’t stand ROCK but it’s my personal opinion… All my tutorials will tell you to remove ROCK from your iDevice (Even if ROCK is needed to run the App)

Yes you can reinstall it or just leave it on your iPhone.

7. avi
    August 25th, 2010 at 20:16 | #7

how can i uninstall this it keeps telling me repring every time i open it

8. avi
    August 25th, 2010 at 20:20 | #8

ohh and when i try to connect with wireless laptop it connects but says no internet acces. I wanna take it off thanks guys

9. ryan
    August 25th, 2010 at 20:58 | #9

No luck, it’s been updated to version 4.5.1 and everytime I start the app it displays the “license not found” message along with a button to purchase it from the Rock App Store…there are no other options presented. I opened and closed the app about 25 times hoping to see the “Trial” message, but no luck. I had this installed before as a trial and I’m guessing my time ran out. Oh, well. Thanks anyway!

10. jay
    August 26th, 2010 at 04:55 | #10

hey maxski

ive followed all the steps you set out above.. i entered the command dpkg -i MyWi_4.0.deb in winscp and pressed the “execute” button.. and i waited a full 5 mins. it wouldn’t let me go into private/var/mobile/Library, so i had to X out of the black box in order to go in the private/var/mobile/Library directory…

and i did the rest of the steps, rebooted my iPhone 4 and now its not found where all the other apps are.. i dont kno what to do would appreciate it if you could help me..

11. jay
    August 26th, 2010 at 04:59 | #11

now ive just checked cydia.. and looked at the packages ive installed, it says MyWi 4.3.4 (NO ROCK) crack by Elpelle6 has been installed.. yet on my springboard no MyWi is showing.. ?!?!?!? if its installed why is there no app showing?

12. Joker
    August 26th, 2010 at 05:55 | #12

10x, works fine on 3GS IOS4!

13. Bubba
    August 26th, 2010 at 09:35 | #13

I tried the instructions per the blog and kept getting the “Reboot” message when launching MyWi – regardless of how many times I rebooted. Here’s how I’ve gotten it to work every single time on multiple phones (the blog owner can thank me later). This assumes you’ve already installed WinSCP/OpenSSH and know how to use it…

1. From Cydia, install MyWi 4.0 (It will install Rock as well. You do not have to install My3G)
    2. Open Rock and create a new dummy account (This can be any dummy email addy)
    3. Launch MyWi so it activates a trial license for your dummy account (You’ll see the 9 Day Trial Message in MyWi)
    4. In WinSCP/OpenSSH, browse to private/var/mobile/Library and copy the folder RYP to your Desktop
    5. In WinSCP/OpenSSH, copy the MyWi_4.0.deb file to private/var/mobile
    6. In WinSCP/OpenSSH, go to – Commands > Open Terminal > In the “Enter Command” box, type in: dpkg -i MyWi_4.0.deb > Press the Execute button (You’ll see some verbiage that it’s running. When it stops, you’re done)
    7. From Cydia, uninstall Rock
    8. Reboot the phone. (After the reboot if you try to run MyWi it will likely crash/auto-close. Now the fix to that…)
    9. In WinSCP/OpenSSH, copy the folder RYP from your Desktop into private/var/mobile/Library
    10. Reboot the phone. (Your MyWi may run fine after this reboot. But on my phone at least, I kept getting the MyWi “Reboot” message when launching MyWi. Now the fix to that…)
    11. From Cydia, add the repo (Manage > Sources > Edit) http://elpelle6.com/repo
    12. Click on MyWi 4.4.4 (NO ROCK) > Install > Confirm
    13. A menu will pop-up. Click > Upgrade (Note: This also installs My3G, but I don’t give a F)
    14. Launch MyWi (It will likely want you to reboot, but after that it should work fine)

One odd thing I’m finding after running through this multiple times on multiple phones is, you CANNOT use the same RYP folder from different phones/installs. So far, EVERY TIME I’ve either installed/re-installed, I’ve had to create a new Rock account and only that account RYP will work with the subsequent ‘crack’ install. Just an FYI…

Good luck!

Bubba Smith

14. Kirk Potlit
    August 26th, 2010 at 18:53 | #14

@Bubba
    WORKED PERFECT! Followed the directions exactly! 3GS @ 4.0.1

Thanks much…

15. man
    August 27th, 2010 at 11:28 | #15

100% work on my 3GS! Thx !

16. brian
    August 28th, 2010 at 01:42 | #16

@Bubba, thanks it worked like a charm. regarding my post on winscp, ignore it cos i dled the wrong version. and to those having error with winscp connection u need to install openssh via cydia have fun tethering.

17. iPoke
    August 29th, 2010 at 00:00 | #17

WOW dude this worked perfectly..hopefully tmobile does not put a cap on my account once they notice how much data im using.

18. edawg
    August 29th, 2010 at 02:17 | #18

I followed the directions, but I don’t have an icon for MYWI on my spring board

19. dave
    August 29th, 2010 at 13:11 | #19

Any ideas?

20. dave
    August 29th, 2010 at 13:32 | #20

Any ideas?

dave :
    Any ideas?

needed to go in protocol scp

21. edawg
    August 29th, 2010 at 17:50 | #21

I need help any assistance is appreciated……

22. Bubba
    August 31st, 2010 at 08:49 | #22

edawg :I followed Bubba’s directions and I have the MyWi Icon but everytime I attempt to open the program it shuts down. I copied the RYP folder back into private/var/mobile/Library through SSH and rebooted my iphone, but MyWi still shuts down before it fully opens.
    I need help any assistance is appreciated……

Uninstall everything MyWi/My3G (reboot after) and go through the steps again from Step 1 (even so far as creating another dummy Rock account).

The RYP folder is what fixes the auto-crash issue and I suspect yours doesn’t like the one you’ve copied back to the phone. Keep in mind, it MUST be one you’ve just created (you cannot use one from a previous install attempt), and, you MUST have it activated with a valid trial license BEFORE doing any of the crack install and copying process. Keep opening the valid MyWi until you see the 9-Day Trial Expiration message – and only then move forward with the process.

Unless something has changed since the last time I tried it (the date of my instruction post), the process I listed has worked for me without fail over and over again.

Good luck, man!

23. Bubba
    August 31st, 2010 at 09:17 | #23

dave :Hey, ive followed all the steps but i can not open a terminal in winSCP. tells me my session is not supported.
    Any ideas?

Not sure if this is the cause of your problem, but I’ve ran into similar WinSCP terminal errors before. Note; ANY time you reboot the phone you need to close WinSCP (or hit the “refresh” icon in WinSCP) to re-establish connection to phone. WinSCP is a little misleading as it seems to cache the phone contents/display and you’ll think you still have an active session going. Just close WinSCP and reconnect after every reboot.

24. JohnnyS1309
    August 31st, 2010 at 15:14 | #24

It works great
    i had the same problem as dave, couldn`t open the terminal i used putty program to execute the command part just go to Commands Menu at the top and then select “Open in outty”. write cd private
    cd var
    cd mobile
    write the command
    close putty
    (you have to rename de deb file because it has a huge name)
    then go back to winscp and continue with the copy rpm folder from your pc to iphone

It worked for me, the mywi icon apaers some seconds on sprinboard

25. nima
    August 31st, 2010 at 17:17 | #25

BUT WHAT IF I WANT TO KEEP ROCK

26. Andy
    September 1st, 2010 at 07:40 | #26

what happens if i previously used elpelle’s crack and now when i launch myWi it tells me that the License is expired and i need to purchase via RockApp? proceed as described?

27. Andy
    September 1st, 2010 at 07:59 | #27

Now I am asked to respring every time the app loads.

28. Bubba
    September 1st, 2010 at 09:18 | #28

nima :BUT WHAT IF I WANT TO KEEP ROCK

I haven’t tried it, but someone indicated you can go back and install Rock w/o any issues.

29. clyde
    September 5th, 2010 at 20:49 | #29

Can someone post the tutorial for mac?

30. ferg
    September 6th, 2010 at 19:59 | #30

@bubba

bubba you are a god among men

i have been searching for ages on how to do this and you just answered my prayers thank you very much :mrgreen:

31. marc
    September 7th, 2010 at 17:24 | #31

the source elpelle6 no longer have the mywi (no rock) application. got one from another source but everytime i try to use mywi it opens and looks like working fine but i cant connect any device from the internet. so its nonsense. please help. im using mac. but i figured out the cyberduck and terminal stuff. just used the terminal in my iphone.

32. marc
    September 7th, 2010 at 17:25 | #32

cant connect any device TO the internet. please help.

33. JohnnyS1309
    September 13th, 2010 at 14:57 | #33

I am asked to respring every time the app loads…. it doesn’t work anymore.. please help..

34. Zac
    September 15th, 2010 at 22:00 | #34

Yeah, hi.
    Uhm, this tutorial was made before Rock was removed I guess because Rock isn’t in Cydia anymore and I don’t have the “RYP” folder… What do I do?!?!

35. joedr
    September 17th, 2010 at 15:09 | #35

The *deb included on the hotfile link is a 4.3 instead of the 4.4.4 one.

It is asking me to respring everytime MyWi loads. Can anyone posted a working deb file?

Thanks!

36. shawndt
    September 26th, 2010 at 03:03 | #36

I think i have done it i didnt do anything dowloading on my home comp, so does mean its working

37. Aken
    March 5th, 2011 at 19:07 | #37

I did an update from Cydia on MyWi and it stopped working, so I just ran the dpkg -1……., reinstalled MyWi 4.5.2 and it works just fine. Tnx