Home > Apps, Tools, Utilities, Downloads, iPad, iPhone News, Tips & Tricks, Tutorials > How to Install MyWi 4.7.7-2 on your iPhone 4, 3Gs, 3G for FREE (CRACKED .deb) Free TETHERING on iPhone 4

September 21st, 2010

How to install MyWi Cracked on your iPhone 4 for FREE

New UPDATED Cracked Version of MyWi 4.7.7-2

This version of MyWi does not come with ROCK APP and will not shut down / close down on your after the installation, you will be able to use it right after this tutorial

In this tutorial I will show you how you can install fully functional MyWi 4.7.7-2 Tethering Application on you iPhone 4 for free without paying a penny for it.

By the time you complete this tutorial you will be tethering your brains out all day and all night, as long as you wish, and the best part about it is; it’s 100% FREE!!!

This version will work for iPhones and iPad 3G so you can install it on both types of devices and then tether off them as often as you wish. This is a very simple tutorial and should not be hard to follow.

Couple of days ago on September 18th, MyWi 4.7.7-2 was released which included multiple new features including new licensing since the ROCK APP was bought out by Cydia and as always there is one bad thing about this, it has a $19.99 purchase price, and a $9.99 upgrade price but that’s not all.

NOTE: If you don’t know what MyWi is, its an app that lets you create a protable wifi hotspot using your iphones internet connection. You can read this article for all the features of this app.

UPDATE

New version of MyWi 4.9.9 and 4.9.10  is out and I have written very detailed tutorial on how to install it on your iPhone and iPad. Click HERE for the MyWi 4.9.9 and 4.9.10 Tutorials or follow the link listed below.

NOTE: You must have a Jailbroken iPhone in order to get this accomplished… IF you need to Jailbreak your device then please read this article and use JailbreakMe tool to get your device jailbroken

ALL DOWNLOAD LINKS FOR MyWi 4.7.7-2 and ALL REQUIRED FILES ARE PROVIDED BELOW / AT THE END OF THIS ARTICLE

• If you’re using PC you have to have/download WinSCP(If you don’t know what WinSCP is please Read This Article)
  • If you’re using Mac you have to have /download CyberDuck(Same as WinSCP but for Mac)
  • Make sure you have OpenSSH installed and running on your iPhone(If you don’t know what OpenSSH is please Read This Article)
  • You have to Download MyWi 4.7.7-2_Fixed_Files.zip File and Save it to your Computer

Before you begin this tutorial / installation you will have to REMOVE / UNINSTALL any other older versions (previously installed) from your iPhone or iPad.

OK here we go… First thing you need to to is go into Cydia and search for MyWi 4.0 (Official Version). Once you find it in Cydia then go ahead and install it onto your iPhone.

Also, just for your information; the version you will be installing is 4.7.7-2 which will give you 3 Days worth of FREE Trial but this crack / fix will give you unlimited access to this application.

NOTE: As you can see from the screenshot below you will be searching and installing the “MyWi 4.0″ NOTE: When you click on this app you will see the 4.7.7-2 Version. Hit the Install button and then the Confirm button on your iPhone or iPad while in Cydia

You should now see MyWi 4.0 icon on your springboard. Go ahead and launch the MyWi 4.0, accept the agreement by pressing the Accept button.

MyWi 4.7.7-2 No Rock App on Springboard

When you get into the MyWi for the first time you will be presented with a splash screen which will say “Thank you for Trialing MyWi” and then it will reboot your iPhone.

If it doesn’t reboot your iPhone you will need to do it manually before you can use it and / or before you can see the “3 Day Trial” splash screen at the bottom of the application.

Once you reboot you iPhone you should be able to launch the MyWi app and start using it. At this point you will see 3 Day Trial message at the bottom of your screen (Splash Screen) which will appear and then disappear within few seconds.YOU MUST REBOOT YOUR DEVICE!!!

NOTE: My screenshot below shows “6 Days of Trial” because I have modified my files already… Your device will say 3 Days left.

NOW You should be ready for some FUN “SSH” stuff!!! Right??? Don’t be scared, SHH into your iPhone or iPad is very simple so don’t worry, I will hold your hand all the way through this tutorial.

MyWi 4.7.7-2 Screenshot shows how much time of Trial is left

Now download the MyWi 4.7.7-2_Fixed_Files.zip File and Save it to your computer. Extract two files from the ZIP archive to any desired location on your computer (i.e. Desktop) You can download this file from HERE or at the bottom of this tutorial.

For this tutorial I have created a folder on my Desktop named “MyWi_Fix” and extracted the content of the ZIP archive into it. In the screenshot below you will see two files “MyWiApp” and “MyWiApp.install“, you will need these files so keep them handy.

MyWi 4.7.7-2 Fix Files

Start WinSCP and connect to iPhone. In host name field, type in the IP address of your iPhone. Make sure the port number is set to “22” by default this option is already set to 22 but in case it’s not then change it.

For user name use “root” and for password use “alpine (NOTE: This user name and password is the same for all iPhones and iTouch iPods ever made by Apple). Don’t worry about any other fields or options.

Once you have logged in to your iPhone, browse to /private/var/stash/Applications/MyWi.app directory.

MyWi 4.7.7-2 Stash Directory in SSH

Copy/Move the two files you have extracted earlier from the downloaded ZIP archive (“MyWiApp” and “MyWiApp.install“) into your iPhone’s directory: /private/var/stash/Applications/MyWi.app

MyWi 4.7.7-2 Copy Fix Files into the Directory via SSH

You will be asked to overwrite existing files, just go ahead and agree to it and overwrite both files (Actually you will be overwriting just one file “MyWiApp”)

MyWi 4.7.7-2 Overwrite Existing Files via SSH

You must do the following step for MyWi to work properly

You now have to set permissions to Read, Write, Execute for both files (“MyWiApp” and “MyWiApp.install“) in your iPhone’s directory: /private/var/stash/Applications/MyWi.app, these are the same files you have moved here in the previous step.

While in WinSCP or Cyberduck, RIGHT CLICK on “MyWiApp” file and select PROPERTIES, then set your permissions (Octal:) to 7777 or just select all the checkboxes and then click OK button. You will have to do the same thing for the “MyWiApp.install” file.

MyWi 4.7.7-2 Set Permissions for Cracked Files

Now all you have to do is REBOOT your device (NOT ReSpring but full 100% Shut Down and Restart). Once you reboot your iPhone you should be able to start using MyWi right away.

Please not that you will always see the splash screen with the 6 or 3 Day Trial come up and go away but it will not interfere with your tethering experience in any way, shape or form.

You don’t have to pay much attention to it because you now have 100% fully operational copy of MyWi 4.7.7-2

Happy Tethering!!!

MyWi 4.7.7-2 Cracked with No Rock App FREE Crack

This is what your screen should look like

DOWNLOAD MyWi 4.7.7-2:

DOWNLOAD – MyWi 4.7.7-2_Fixed_Files.zip file

DOWNLOAD – WinSCP for Windows

DOWNLOAD – CyberDuck for Mac

NOTE: We cover the OpenSSH and WinSCP for Windows in This Article… These tutorials will get you started on OpenSSH and WinSCP so you can have a better understanding of exactly what it is and how to use these tools.

I do not encourage anyone to download, hack or crack iPhone games or applications. Developers spend a lot of time, money, effort, sacrificing family time, etc. working on games/apps and they don’t want to see their work stolen or pirated.

I suggest if you have downloaded an IPA file of an iPhone game or application that you like, download it legally through the App Store after you test it and decide that you really like it and would like to keep it on your iPhone.

Enjoy your Cracked MyWi 4.7.7-2 Tethering.

1. Onset
    September 30th, 2010 at 09:15 | #1

Doesn’t work 100% perfect but I can always get it working when I need it with a combo of changing date, restarting

iPhone 4, 4.0.1

2. Gorgon Phone
    September 30th, 2010 at 11:34 | #2

Date changing method works perfectly but anytime you reboot your phone you must remember to reset the date back to your instal date one time.. to re initialize MYWI…

3. Karma
    October 1st, 2010 at 14:17 | #3

I followed the instructions step-by-step, and now when I go in to MyWi, it says I must purchase or download the license. When I pick download license, it authenticates and then reboots me. I’m in a reboot loop. I did have MyWi installed on a previous iPhone, but not this one.

When I choose purchase, it takes me back to Cydia to purchase this app.

Any ideas to help?

4. KyleD.
    October 2nd, 2010 at 15:37 | #4

This is really confusing to me, imean icant even get WinSCP to work, any instructions?

5. Mustafah
    October 4th, 2010 at 00:08 | #5

Just buy the damn app u jews.

6. OliBY
    October 4th, 2010 at 08:55 | #6

I have exact the same Problem as “Karma”.
    Any solutions here?

7. sv
    October 4th, 2010 at 10:17 | #7

I happens exactly same with me. Did you get any solution for this

@Karma

8. jjc
    October 4th, 2010 at 23:50 | #8

hi there, I can’t work out on mine because I had downloaded Mywi 4.7.7-2 when it first day released and now the trial has expired, is there any solutions to sort it?

9. OliBY
    October 5th, 2010 at 03:38 | #9

I got it!!
    The solution is in the comments 1′st page.
    Change the “start date” in “MyWiApp” and MyWiApp.install”
    to your “install-date”,
    that’s it.

10. October 7th, 2010 at 08:19 | #10

Thanx everyone… whatever u do, MAKE SURE THAT YOUR “DATE & TIME” IN “OFF” FOR THE “SET AUTOMATICALLY”… It has to be off at all times… U can set the date manually but make sure that it is “OFF”… that is all… Go MyWi!

11. zenntee
    October 8th, 2010 at 10:10 | #11
  12. sam
    October 8th, 2010 at 13:46 | #12

This crack is a big shit

13. bobmus
    October 8th, 2010 at 21:58 | #13

This worked:

ACAggie :
    I have iPhone 4 on 4.0.1 firmware
    MY TRIAL WAS EXPIRED AND THIS WORKED:
    1. Downloaded both .deb files
    2. Changed date on both files to my trial start date via text editor & saved.
    YOU HAVE TO KNOW THE EXACT START DATE OF YOUR TRIAL!!!!
    I remembered that my trial ended on 9/26/2010, so my start date was 9/23/2010
    3. Installed MyWi 4.0 via Cydia
    4. Opened MyWi (it stated my trial was over and asked if I would like to buy)
    5. Closed MyWi
    6. SSH via Cyberduck – put both .deb files individually into MyWi.app
    7. Reboot iPhone
    8. SSH via Cyberduck – changed both .deb files to “777″ for read-write-execute
    9. Reboot iPhone
    10. Reboot iPhone again
    11. Opened MyWi, it stated “Thank you for trying MyWi. 3 Day Trial”. It asked me to reboot.
    12. Opened MyWi and it worked. I connected my iPad Wi-Fi only to my iPhone 4′s tether.
    Hope this helped any of you whose trial was expired.

14. Kate
    October 10th, 2010 at 01:23 | #14

I tried the above method where i transferred the file to my phone through SSH but the problem is that I have no trial days left, so after all the process I face the “Free Trial Expired for MyWi 4.0″… What should I do?

15. Chase
    October 10th, 2010 at 19:33 | #15

If you guys are having that much trouble with it, just go download PDAnet. It’s free and does the exact same thing as MyWi. No sources are needed. The only difference is you have to create an AdHoc network instead of connecting to the network, which takes all of 5 seconds.

16. MyWi_no_funciona
    October 11th, 2010 at 14:35 | #16

@Kate

In spanish:

A mi me pasa lo mismo que a ti, primero tenia 10 dias, despues baje el Crack y tenia 3 dias hasta que me expiro. Ahora aunque copia los archivos al telefono me dice Free Trial Expired for Mywi 4.0

Licensing Features:
    -3 days free trials!
    -Transfer your license to new devices (one device active per purchase).

He borrado todo y sigue haciendo lo mismo, hay alguna forma ?

17. Cristian
    October 11th, 2010 at 21:56 | #17

@MyWi_no_funciona
    edito los dos archivos que instalaste en el Iphone con la fecha que instalaste MyWi.. a mi funciono en un Iphone 3G y un 4 con iOS 4.1

18. MyWi_no_funciona
    October 12th, 2010 at 13:32 | #18

Cristian, el MyWi la primera vez que lo instale tenia 10 dias, expiraron, baje un parche de elpelle y tuve 3 dias mas. Despues hice mil intentos, bajarlo ya crackeado pero nada, bajarlo normal y probar otros tantos parches y nada. El problema es recordar cuando me expiro el MyWi porque hacia tiempo que lo deje de lado, ademas supongo que tendre que poner la fecha cuando ponia 3 days ago. Lo probare y os cuento

19. VancityRider
    October 12th, 2010 at 21:24 | #19

@Kate
    Peace!

Here, if you still don’t know what I am talking about: (Copy&Paste text and use for both files.)

#!/bin/bash
    Path=$(dirname “$0″)
    ddd=$(exec “date” “+%Y-%m-%d %T”)
    x=exec “date” “-s 2010-10-11″
    { sleep 3; exec “date” “-s $ddd”; } &
    exec “${Path}”/MyWiApp_

20. October 13th, 2010 at 04:55 | #20

Hey this is working perfect for me once I edited the cracked files with the correct date of insatll of MYWI. MyWi however has updated and just wondering if this still works on the newest version on mywi 4.8.1? Has anyone tried it?

21. Travis
    October 17th, 2010 at 20:35 | #21

this tutorial is bullsh*t! just install the above mentioned app and everythings a go! (PDAnet)

22. pozzdonnz
    October 18th, 2010 at 07:14 | #22

Youb So Me too Date Time Gonna changed when running

23. Chaun
    October 23rd, 2010 at 12:51 | #23

I just installed the updated mywi(cracked) on my iphone 4 using all the steps on this site’s manual. Everything worked to a “T” as you listed so I would like to thank you on that note. I do have one question; however, and that being: I have had the MyWI4.0 on my phone for three days already before I installed the crack on it and it said today is your last day. so with that being said, tomorrow comes will it still say today is your last or free trial expired or will it say you have 3 or 6 days left on your free trial?

24. Chaun
    October 23rd, 2010 at 13:10 | #24

@Truth101 what r u talking about??
    can u go into further detail please

25. Chaun
    October 23rd, 2010 at 13:24 | #25

THIS THE ABSOLUTELY BEST WAY TO DO IT!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH @VANCITYRIDER

VancityRider :@Kate The date in the .deb files I found cause a conflict. Just change the date to the date that you actually installed MyWi. (ie if you installed yesterday, you would edit the date to “2010-10-11″ I did this and it shows “4 days left.” BTW, you dont have to reboot. Just re-spring. Works for me and works pretty well. The only issue that I have found is that the connection drops randomly. However I’d rather have that than no connection at all. HTH.Peace!
    #!/bin/bashPath=$(dirname “$0″)ddd=$(exec “date” “+%Y-%m-%d %T”)x=exec “date” “-s 2010-10-11″{ sleep 3; exec “date” “-s $ddd”; } &exec “${Path}”/MyWiApp_

26. October 28th, 2010 at 03:58 | #26

it says my trial i finished but i download it today?
    please help? :???: :?:

27. October 29th, 2010 at 01:33 | #27

I am looking for MyWi 4.7.7-2 .deb file. Anyone have it, please email
    it to me Thanks. The new version 4.8.3 is causing my wifi network to freeze, crash. I am hoping the older version works.

28. November 1st, 2010 at 11:08 | #28

i cant change the date it wont let me can anyone help please!!!!!!!!!!!

29. XeTri
    November 9th, 2010 at 13:06 | #29

IS there no way to make MyWi for Free if my trial time is over…?

30. David
    February 18th, 2011 at 10:45 | #30

@Kate
    You will need:
    •iFile (full version, get from shivup repo on cydia)
    •UDID Faker (get from xSellize repo on cydia)
    •MyWi (legit version) DEB file on your phone in a known location (or upload it from your computer to your phone with iFile’s wifi server) download here: http://www.multiupload.com/JYZ0CW69Z3

Steps:
    •COMPLETELY remove MyWi in cydia
    •Use iFile to delete all associated files (iFile search=MyWi) (but don’t delete MyWireless files – thats an ATT app).
    •Also delete Intelliborn Licences folder (iFile search=intelliborn)
    •Reboot
    •Change your UDID for iFile in UDID Faker
    •Install MyWi’s .deb file with iFile (locate the file, click on it, then click “Installer”).
    •DONE!-new trial license is installed.

31. Derick
    June 10th, 2011 at 22:32 | #31

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE THE PROBLEM F GOING INTO MY WI APP AFTER REBOOTING AND IT TELLING YOU THAT YOUR TRIAL VERSION HAS EXPIRED AND THAT YOU NEED TO PURCHASE:
    1. install sbsettings
    2.delete mywi then follow these steps
    3.reboot
    4.when you go into my wi it will tekk you that your trail has ended and it will ask you to purchase it., just ignore this and go into sbsettings and activate mi wi from there. It works every time :).

32. Derick
    June 10th, 2011 at 22:33 | #32

when i “these steps” i mean the steps listed above.

Comment pages