> iPhone News
, Non Apple News
, Tips & Tricks
> Consumer Reports Slams AT&T and Says It’s the Worst Network and Carrier in the Country
Consumer Reports Slams AT&T and Says It’s the Worst Network and Carrier in the Country
Consumer Reports has issued another analysis of U.S. cellular carriers which declares AT&T the worst network in the country.
The magazine even cover reads, “Plus, Best & worst providers (Sorry, AT&T)”.
Nationally, AT&T scored a full black dot (the worst rating) in every survey category except for texting, in which it received a half-black dot. It received a reader score of 60, compared to the high 82 for U.S. Cellular which was followed by 74 for Verizon Wireless. Good thing AT&T has the iPhone locked down for the holidays.
The Houston Chronicle relays AT&T’s response.
We take this seriously and we continually look for new ways to improve the customer experience. The fact is wireless customers have choices and a record number of them chose AT&T in the third quarter, significantly more than our competitors. Hard data from independent drive tests confirms AT&T has the nation’s fastest mobile broadband network with our nearest competitor 20 percent slower on average nationwide and our largest competitor 60 percent slower on average nationwide. And, our dropped call rate is within 1/10 of a percent – the equivalent of just one call in a thousand – of the industry leader.
Related Articles / Somthing Else you might find Interesting
- Consumer Reports Says It Can’t Recommend the Verizon iPhone 4 Either Just like the first GSM iPhone 4
- Verizon Wireless and AT&T Stores are now selling Apple iPad: Verizon Unleash The iPad Today
- iOS 4.3 Will Bring Personal Hotspot to GSM AT&T iPhones Just Like Verizon CDMA iPhone 4?
- Difference Between AT&T GSM iPhone 4 and Verizon CDMA iPhone 4
- AT&T Has Begun Unlocking iPhones for Customers, How to Get Your iPhone Unlocked by AT&T
- AT&T Will limit the DATA PLAN but existing iPhone customers can keep that Unlimited Data Plan even when it’s time to upgrade to a new iPhone
- MMS Settings for iPhones, T-Mobile, AT&T, Rogers, Orange, Mobikom A1, Tele.Ring, Drei, E-Plus, Vodafone, O2
- Lab test results explain Why Consumer Reports will not recommend the iPhone 4 until Apple fixes the problem with the antenna
- AT&T States iPhone 4 pre-order sales yesterday were 10-times higher than the first day of pre-ordering for the iPhone 3G S last year
- AT&T’s Retail Store Internal Network Down. Error P1015: We’re sorry, but we are experiencing a system error that prevents us from completing your request.