Untethered Jailbreak The ‘Backup Plan’ Redsn0w 0.9.7 Beta 3 Released by iPhone Dev-Team
The iPhone Dev-Team has released a beta of their ‘backup plan’ untethered jailbreak. Currently the beta is only for Mac users and is limited to iPhone4, iPad, and iPod touch 4G.
Since Comex didn’t finish the Untethered Jailbreak in time for Christmas the iPhone Dev-Team came out with their “backup plan” (Redsn0w 0.9.7) for untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak. The just released beta version of Redsn0w will enable you to jailbreak (untethered) iPhone, iPad and iPod touch on iOS 4.2.1.
The Redsn0w 0.9.7 jailbreak tool has been updated yet again. This time fixing even more bugs, specifically the ones related to non-GUI programs which handles media content like the embedded videos in iTunes.
● This is a beta tester program. Things can go very wrong, so please don’t even consider testing if you have pictures or other media on your device that you haven’t backed up!
● For the same reason, please don’t participate if you rely on the ultrasn0w carrier unlock. Wait for the final version!
● Until we fix some sandbox issues with bluetooth, the bluetooth functionality is disabled.
● This very first beta1 is limited to iPhone4, iPad, and iPod touch 4G.
● You must already have the usbmuxd software installed and running on your Mac.
The second beta is now available (testers ONLY please!). This version should fix all the native app crashes (including Task switcher). That’s the only change in from beta1….Bluetooth is still disabled. If you had trouble using the usbmuxd in beta1, please wait until we incorporate that into redsn0w itself (i.e. don’t bother trying this beta2, just wait for the integration).
The third beta is now available (testers ONLY please!). This version extends the fix made in beta2 over to the non-GUI programs too (like the daemons that handle media content). That should cover things like Facetime, Winterboard themes, and embedded videos in iTunes. If you had trouble using the usbmuxd in previous betas, please wait until we incorporate that into redsn0w itself (i.e. don’t bother trying this beta3, just wait for the integration).