> Apple News
, Apps, Tools, Utilities
, iPhone News
, iPod Touch
, Jailbreak and Unlock
, Non Apple News
, Tips & Tricks
> Apple Is Fed Up with Siri Hacking and Takes Steps to Block Siri on All Unauthorized Devices?
Apple Is Fed Up with Siri Hacking and Takes Steps to Block Siri on All Unauthorized Devices?
As you all know since the Jailbreak 5.0.1 came out all iPhone 4 and iPad users have been able to install “Siri” the awesome Apple assistant onto their devices but now Apple may be taking steps to block Siri on unauthorized devices, according reports circulating online.
This is a big deal and I don’t think Apple will be able to do anything about it but they are trying to make an attempt to stop all Unauthorized users from using Siri.
Wolvy, a moderator on iHackMyi, reports that a new “SetActivationToken” has disabled Siri for most users.
Previously, you only needed Spire, a host and a certificate and you were away. Now Apple have added a “SetActivationToken” which has disabled Siri for almost everyone on illegitimate devices.
A temporary (hopefully) workaround of deleting “com.apple.assistant.plist” from the device appears to resolve the issue for now, but will this become another game of cat and mouse for apple, just like in Jailbreaking?
For those experiencing the issue you can use iFile to delete the /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.assistant.plist file.
We’ll let you know if any further information on the issue comes to light.
Read More [via iDB]
Related Articles / Somthing Else you might find Interesting
- Apple Siri Gets Hacked to Recognize Custom Commands, Chpwn reported today.
- You Can Ask Apple’s Siri Anything, Yes ANYTHING [Video] + 60 Example Questions
- Add Translate Functionality to Siri Using Lingual on your iPhone 4S or other Jailbroken Devices
- AssistantExtensions Will Let You Extend Siri, Adds Tweet and Search YouTube Commands on the fly
- iPhoneTechie.com Users, Please Read and VOTE, New POLL Just for You!!! (UPDATE)
- Pesky Russians have done it again, Apple’s In-App Purchases Get Hacked [Video]
- iPhone Dev Team Updates Redsn0w To 0.9.9b7, Brings Faster Jailbreak Option
- iOS 4.2 Untethered Jailbreak May Be Delayed Because Cydia is Not Yet Ready for the New Firmware
- iOS 6.1 Jailbreak is here, How and Where to Download Evasi0n From
- GreenPois0n RC5 Untethered 4.2.1 Jailbreak Supports iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod touch 2G, 3G, 4G. Wont Work on iOS 4.3
Categories: Apple News, Apps, Tools, Utilities, Downloads, Hardware, iPad, iPhone News, iPod Touch, Jailbreak and Unlock, Non Apple News, Tips & Tricks Apple Siri, Apple Siri Token, Set Activation Token, Siri, Siri Assistant, Siri Hacked