> iPhone News
, Jailbreak and Unlock
, Non Apple News
, Tips & Tricks
> AT&T Has Begun Unlocking iPhones for Customers, How to Get Your iPhone Unlocked by AT&T
AT&T Has Begun Unlocking iPhones for Customers, How to Get Your iPhone Unlocked by AT&T
As announced, AT&T has begun unlocking off contract iPhones for customers. TNW details the procedure. If you qualify you can contact the company via phone, chat, or in-store to request the unlock.
Here’s what happens:
The only piece of information required by AT&T is the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number, which can be found under Settings>General>About on your device. Once you’ve completed the procedure, Apple pushes the unlock code during the next 72 hours to your email address, so the code comes from the mothership, not from AT&T. Once Apple completes the unlock request, a customer has to back-up and restore and tether the device to iTunes to complete the unlock process.
The maximum amount of unlock codes that can be given to an account is 5/year. You can see a copy of the unlock confirmation below.
Related Articles / Somthing Else you might find Interesting
- Unlock for Baseband 05.14.02 iPhone 3GS, 3G on iOS 4.2 & iOS 4.1 to Drop After 2 Days At Most Once iOS 4.2 is Public
- Geohot Prepping LimeSn0w Unlock for iOS 4.1? Will the Limera1n have an Update soon to include Limesn0w Unlock for iPhones?
- Unlock for iOS 4.2 and iOS 4.1 05.14.02 / 2.10.04 Baseband for iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS is coming
- Ultrasn0w 1.0-1 for iPhone 4 Unlock Will be Released TONIGHT!!! [ Confirmed ]
- Ultrasn0w Unlock for iPhone 4, 3GS and 3G was Updated to 1.1-1 and Released by Dev-Team
- How to Unlock the iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Using UltraSn0w – 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04, 06.15.00, or 01.59 Baseband (Modem Firmware)
- AT&T’s Retail Store Internal Network Down. Error P1015: We’re sorry, but we are experiencing a system error that prevents us from completing your request.
- iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak and Unlock Update – Warning for UNLOCKERS!!!
- Difference Between AT&T GSM iPhone 4 and Verizon CDMA iPhone 4
- How to Fix Error Message “Different SIM Detected” on iPhone 4 / 3GS / 3G After Jailbreaking with JailbreakMe and Activating with a PhoneBook Card
Categories: iPhone News, Jailbreak and Unlock, Non Apple News, Tips & Tricks, Tutorials AT&T, AT&T Unlocking iPhones, iPhone Unlock, Unlock, Unlock AT&T iPhones, unlock iPhone 4, Unlock iPhone 4 Tutorial, Unlock iPhone 4S